What Sets Us Apart?
Pilrig House really is a unique place to stay – guests describe a feeling of total warmth and magical timelessness when they stay here. From around the world, many of our initial visitors are coming back for the eleventh year in succession since we started up. We hope that we will be welcoming you in the future.
The advantage of having your own comfy and homey apartment is that you feel like you’re living in the city centre rather than a hotel in the city.
Scotland Magazine, October
Our Goal is to Exceed Your Expectations
Based on our own experiences of extensive travel, we aim to offer our guests the ‘ideal’ self-catering rental apartment, with all the boxes ticked.
10 Special Reasons to Stay in Pilrig House
- Unique Parkland Location – Given the tranquillity of your surroundings and the wildlife on your doorstep, you will find it hard to imagine that you are a mere 15-minute stroll from Edinburgh’s famous Princes Street. The park is ideal for walking and jogging, there is a nearby swim and leisure centre, and you will be very close to the beautiful Water of Leith Walkways and cycle paths.
- Proximity to Edinburgh's Attractions – Pilrig House is within walking distance of Edinburgh's main attractions: The Royal Mile, Edinburgh Castle, The Royal Yacht Britannia, Holyrood Palace & Park, The Scottish Parliament, The National Gallery, The Scottish Portrait Gallery, Edinburgh Royal Botanical Gardens, the trendy 'Shore' area of Leith, and a great selection of award-winning restaurants.
- The Price – For less than the cost of staying in an average, 'anonymous' hotel room, you can make yourself truly at home in the luxury and comfort of Pilrig House.
- Free Private Parking – In a private car park to the rear of the house + SatNav provided in each apartment. This is rare for Edinburgh: most accommodation offers – if anything – on-street 'zoned' parking, where you have to top up a meter every 2 hours.
- An Ideal Base for Business Trips, Courses or Workshops – Fully serviced accommodation close to Leith and Edinburgh city centre. Pilrig House is close to the city’s bus and train stations, 12 miles from Edinburgh International airport, and we offer pre-negotiated, fixed-fare Meet & Greet at the airport. You can enjoy working in peaceful and quiet surroundings, with free high-speed Wi-Fi broadband and free national telephone calls and telephone answering service.
- Attention to Detail – We pay attention to the small things, such as great duck feather and down pillows (non-feather can be provided, if requested), the best quality mattresses, fine bedlinen, fresh flowers on arrival, guidebooks and street maps, fluffy Egyptian cotton towels, baskets of toiletries, up-to-date Welcome Pack and Edinburgh Tours & Restaurant Packs, even a decanter of whisky … we hope we’ve thought of everything to make your stay with us exceptional.
- Comfort – Our byword! Comfy, soft cushions on the beds, luxury mattress toppers, dimmer lighting, soft towels, heated towel rails, adjustable heating, large, comfortable sofas, and all the other mod cons you would expect from a luxury self-catering apartment.
- Spotless accommodation – We set the highest of standards and take pride in the cleanliness of our apartments. Between guests, we personally check every aspect of the apartments, and always ensure they are immaculate for your arrival. For those guests staying longer than a week, a weekly clean and fresh bedlinen and towels come at no extra cost.
- The History and Romance of Pilrig House – Where else can you stay in a converted Scottish townhouse, built in 1638, in the centre of Edinburgh? And one that was home to Robert Louis Stevenson's family?
- A Personal Welcome – We are warm, friendly, and personally welcome all our guests. Then we are always on hand if you need advice during your Edinburgh stay … or we will leave you in peace if you don’t.