In 2018, over half of all Garden Apartment visitors were solo women travellers – many of whom have returned to stay at Pilrig House year after year.
The Garden Apartment is perfect for women visiting on their own - Pilrig House is in a quiet location, which is peaceful and a perfect spot to recharge the batteries, find your travel feet for the first time, or to combine a work/study stay… But has a bus stop directly outside the entrance that will take you to the centre of Edinburgh. Truly, the best of both worlds.
Prospective solo visitors can be reassured knowing that we also live in Pilrig House – giving that extra feeling of security and a sense of homeliness. You may feel safe in the knowledge that the owners are nearby – and if anything confuses you on arrival, or during your stay, Debbie is available and can assist.
Our 5-Star Apartment
The Garden Apartment is on the ground floor and there is a little seating area directly to the front of your apartment, overlooking the front garden and park beyond.
It is 5-star graded by Visit Scotland – Scotland Tourist Board’s Highest Grading.
Being a Serviced Apartment, the following is included:
- Allocated parking space to the rear of Pilrig House
- High-Speed Broadband Wi-Fi, multi-power charger; iPod docker/speaker
- Netflix and Amazon Prime, BBCiPlayer, ITV Hub, More4, More5 and Hayu as well as numerous other channels AND recliner chairs in which to enjoy the latter
- a weekly clean – when fresh bed linen and towels will be provided (although you are welcome to have fresh towels as often as you wish)
- on arrival – milk, fresh coffee, herbal teas, fruit bowl, mineral water, biscuits/shortbread, crystal decanter of whisky
- N’Espresso Machine and starter supply of coffee pods
- membership of the Scotch Malt Whisky Society – which hosts super events and tastings - the Leith premises, ‘The Vaults’, are a short stroll away and super-cosy for dropping in for a bar lunch
- a full range of ‘Siabann’ Juniper & Lime Scottish (and paraben-free) organic toiletries – shampoo, conditioner, hand wash, body lotion, facial oil, body oil, lip balm
- basket with razor, toothbrush, loofahs, shower caps, perfume, face cloths, sewing kit, hand wipes, earplugs, comb, nail file, shoe shine, face wipes, spectacles wipes, tissues
- books/DVDs/Range of guidebooks/walking guides/street maps and other maps + lots of useful info files, together with a handy Welcome Pack
- white fluffy bathrobe & slippers, Parlux Ionic hairdryer & hair straighteners