Bookings for 4–7 nights:
Payment should be made, in full, by credit/debit card within 24 hours on receipt of Booking Confirmation email/letter.
Bookings for 8 nights or longer:
A 50% deposit should be made, by credit/debit card, within 24 hours on receipt of Booking Confirmation email/letter. The remaining 50% balance is then due 8 weeks prior to the start date of your stay.
If you choose to pay by standard credit card/commercial/business card, please note that you will be charged an additional 2.5% handling charge if within eurozone/3.5% if outwith eurozone.
A £2 handling charge is applied to all debit card bookings within eurozone/1.5% charge if outwith eurozone.
Any cancellations must be made, in writing, and acknowledged by us.
In the event of a cancellation, we will always endeavour to re-let the property and will then refund any payment you have made, less a £25 administration charge.
If we are unable to re-let the property during the dates of your intended stay, the following charges will apply:
- If notice of cancellation is given more than 8 weeks before your arrival date, 50% of the total tariff is non-refundable.
- If notice of cancellation is given within 8 weeks of your arrival date, the full amount is payable.
We strongly recommend that you purchase holiday cancellation insurance to cover you in the event that you have to cancel your holiday, for whatever reason.
Conditions of Rental
- Earliest check-in/luggage drop-off/car parking time is 2.30pm UNLESS you have paid for the 'early check-in option' provided on the Booking Form (£75) - which enables check-in as from 7am on the day of your arrival.
- Guests must vacate the property by 10am latest on day of departure.
- Prior to departure, we require guests to: strip beds & deposit bedlinen with used towels in bathroom, empty bins, empty the dishwasher/do dirty dishes and put away.
- Children are most welcome in our self-catering apartments; however, we cannot accommodate children under 7 years of age.
- Sorry – we do not accommodate pets.
- No smoking in the property. If you do smoke in the property, we will ask you to leave immediately.
- We do not accommodate ‘hen’ or ‘stag’ parties in any of our apartments.
- The property must be used solely for the purpose of self-catering holiday accommodation and not for the purposes of dinner parties, parties, or for entertaining other visitors in the property, without the express prior permission of the owners.
- The owners reserve the right to refuse entry to the property to anyone they consider unsuitable.
- No bikes to be brought into the apartment.
- The responsibility for personal property, and any vehicle parked at Pilrig House, is solely that of the guest/s.
- Guests are responsible for shutting all exterior doors and appropriate windows, and securing the accommodation when absent or sleeping, and for minimising fire risk in the property at all times.
- No other persons to reside at the property, other than those persons specified at the time of the booking (unless with the prior permission of the owners). The owners reserve the right to consider a booking void, if other persons are found to be staying in the accommodation without the prior permission of the owners, or, if on arrival, the number in the party exceeds that as listed in the booking confirmation agreement, and the party will be asked to leave or, as applicable, will not be permitted to check in.
- The property must be respected and looked after during any stay, and left in the same clean and tidy condition, with full inventory, as it was on arrival. If not, an extra cleaning charge of £40 will be applied.
- All damage/losses/breakages incurred at the property, or to the furnishings, must be reported to the owners immediately and paid for prior to departure.
- The owners shall be allowed access to the property during the rental for all reasonable purposes – notice will be given whenever possible.
- The owners shall not be held responsible or liable for any accident, loss or mishap to any persons or property whilst using the premises, or for any illness or injury arising from any cause whatsoever.
- In the event of any breach of the above terms, or if complaints or disputes arise which give cause for disturbance, or behaviour occurs that is deemed by the owners to be unacceptable, we reserve the right to access the property without prior notice/permission and to ask any person/s to vacate the property, immediately, without notice, or any reimbursement of monies paid in advance for the full term of the booking.
- The acceptance of your reservation confirms your acceptance of the above terms & conditions, payment, and cancellation policy. This is a legal agreement which is binding.